This War of Mine
Zannik rents a room at an inn in Phandalin. Since he is a creature of material comforts, it is filled with stuff that saner adventurers might not leave lying around. But hey, what’s the point of having money if they’re all in coin?
- The lock in the room has been upgraded to make it less likely to be locpicked. (DC = 15 + ?)
- A gold statuette of an elf (100gp) lies on top of a shelf (soon to be) filled with clothes. Zannik actually has to jump to reach the top of the shelf, but it’s level with the bed and it’s nice to see it in the morning when he wakes up.
- A fine bottle of wine (10gp) lies on the bedside table next to two wine glasses, just in case he has company. Zannik thinks that he should eventually have his own wine rack filled with samples from all Five Nations and beyond.
- Also on the bedside table lies a Jade statuette of a frog with golden eyes (40gp), ostensibly for luck.
- The table, of course, is positioned away from direct sunlight at any time of the day. It’ll spoil the wine, after all.
*Whenever he leaves for adventuring, he sets a hunting trap by the window. He of course locks the same window.